The Venatori logo, my most recent logo project, was created for my dad's logistics company. I was given a lot of reins on this project, including color scheme and the dragon, the major requirements being it must include a dragon and the Venatori typeface must be sans serif and sharp. There were quite a few logo iterations (below) to get to the final logo (right). The dragon shifted quite a bit from the original concept, to a much more simplistic design. I was able to create a cut-out effect to emulate a dragon slash through the text to give it more complexity. The text and the dragon work together and separate for use on business cards, work polos, collateral, and of course trucks.
The Merritt 7 logo was a project rebranding a truck transport and logistics company. The word 'Merritt' is purposely spelled like this because it is named after the street the business will be located; it also works as its double meaning 'merit' meaning good or worthy. The number 7 also comes from the location, and we decided that would be perfect to build from, especially with both 'M' and '7' being very angular and sharp. The color scheme given was a patriotic red, white, and navy blue.
The original concept showcased a layering of the two elements. As the process continued, I was able to create four different logo concepts for them to choose from and unanimously they chose the circular design. From there I was able to execute iterations of that specific design, taking different comments into consideration from the clients. Unfortunately, the clients were unable to agree on the concept and the logo was not able to be completed; however, this project was definitely a learning experience and I was proud of the concepts I was able to create. I wished them luck in their rebrand.
SGA and Associates Inc.
The SGA logo was a project I worked on for vehicle storage company based in Southern California. The requirements were a sports car inspired look, and they requested the colors blue and gray. I started by receiving a rough sketch from one of the associates, iterating a sleek car-like shape, maybe made out of the letters. We immediately went away from that concept to something like the second photo of a rough lightning bolt concept, and again moved to the third photo of that of a minimalistic car, and finally to the final logo. The outcome was exactly what they envisioned.
The owners of Asylum Industries came to me to help them develop a logo, and possibly some t-shirt designs for their active clothing brand. They immediately had many ideas for the initial logo, many having to do with concepts revolving around an insane asylum that included elements to try including: straight jackets, blood, jail cells, and more. We also wanted to play around with the capital 'A' because it is definitely a letter that can be manipulated in many distinct ways and still resemble a letter 'A.' I immediately made about 20 different logo concepts from which we chose to go off of the 'A' with a triangle cut out. I rounded the corners of the A to add a little more detail, which they agreed they liked much more than them being pointed.
I then took on an idea for a shirt or other apparel. They had the idea to have a splotchy bunny that looked as if it may be a part of a inkblot test. I initially made a bunny like logo (that can be seen in the 3rd photo on the bottom left), but we decided it needed more. We settled on the final design (first photo) which showcases a creature with snowboarding goggles and ASYLUM for teeth. The pop of the cyan adds a little more dimension to the inkblot look.
These Summit Anesthesia mock-ups were created to provide direction for a Medical group in Hemet, California. Their colors for all of the underlying subgroups under their main group are navy and gold and they knew they wanted something having to do with mountains in the logo, due to 'Summit.'
Therapy Direct came to me, in the early stages of app development, looking for a design that encompassed the different options for therapy. The app is going to allow therapists to communicate directly to clients and schedule appointments, without having to go through the hassle of a third party, so it was important to represent everyone involved. The client had the idea of using a head, but wanted to leave the rest of the design to me. I created a couple concepts before we decided we wanted to use icons to denote each therapist channel and include the home. The final logo emphasizes all areas and stays minimalistic in order to convey the apps purpose in just a glance.
Foxcycle was a logo created for a friend's Computer Science project. The objective
was to build a website for a bike shop called Foxcycle, named after their professor. I was excited to create the logo for them that showcases a fox with a bicycle for eyes and eyebrows. It was a fun project, and I'm glad I got to help the group out.